The Strategic Group meets quarterly and acts as a ‘critical friend’ to ensure senior-level strategic commitment to improving and or changing service provision to people with complex needs and organisational buy-in to the Fulfilling Lives programme in Newcastle and Gateshead.
Membership of the group includes representation from the statutory and voluntary sectors, covering the four main areas of need of homelessness, substance misuse, mental ill health and offending.
The aims of the Group are to:
- Provide encouragement, advice and guidance on the direction of the Fulfilling Lives programme to ensure that it fits into the broader strategic approach to meeting the needs of local people in Newcastle and Gateshead with complex needs.
- Ensure that the Fulfilling Lives programme does not duplicate but complements existing work programmes being delivered across Newcastle and Gateshead.
- Ensure that there is a true partnership approach to the development of the strategic vision for the Fulfilling Lives programme and make links between health, care, housing and offending.
- Facilitate and support access to resources and information that are available across statutory and non-statutory organisations across Newcastle and Gateshead that will support the development and evaluation of the programme and identify cash savings and opportunities to end duplication.
- Receive and consider information about the progress of the programme and provide a forum for discussion.
- Ensure that the needs of service users are listened to at a strategic level and are central to the vision for the programme.
- Consider how services might be commissioned in a more integrated way
- Identify and address any arising issues or areas of concern at a senior level.
Please get in touch with our Programme Manager if you’d like to find out more or join our Strategic group: email@example.com