Fulfilling Lives Newcastle Gateshead (FLNG) officially re-launched their Experts By Experience Network at an event in Gateshead which encouraged local services to refer the people they support to join up.
In Newcastle and Gateshead we have lots of people with lived experience of Multiple and Complex Needs with vital things to say that can shape the future for how systems and services work.
Our re-launched Experts By Experience (EBE) Network is keen to provide a platform to as many people as possible, providing positive and fulfilling roles with lots of development opportunities.
We offer a positive space for people with lived experience to come together to share their experience and opinions. The Network is an opportunity for people with multiple and complex needs to extend their peer networks, communities and use their potential to create change.
Under the new EBE Network structure, people are invited to get involved as little or as much as they feel comfortable with. Opportunities include:
- Coming to a monthly Network Natter; an informal session held in community venues across Newcastle and Gateshead for people to share their opinions over a cuppa (link to flyer)
- Attending a weekly planning meeting taking Systems Change forward
- Participating in events and awareness raising sessions
- Becoming a Network Volunteer
- Becoming a Peer Researcher
- Attending training and personal development opportunities
- Representing Fulfilling Lives at forums and meetings across Newcastle and Gateshead
- Learning about Co–Production and how to make this work
The Network will also continue the great examples of co-production started over the past four years of Fulfilling Lives in Newcastle and Gateshead, including Respond training and aiding the programme in the recruitment of staff.
You can download an Expression of Interest form for our EBE Network here.
For more information or for any queries, please get in touch with our Co-Production team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org